- Introverts are not the best at starting conversations and we use tactics uncommon to the common extrovert. These may include clearing the throat, hand gestures, and making silences uncomfortable.
- If someone invites you to a party on Friday night instead of staying at home, alone with a hot cup of tea and How I Met Your Mother… then they are probably not an introvert…
- Introverts are quiet, until they get comfortable around you, but you typically have to start the conversation yourself if you want to get to know them.
- If someone invites you to ‘Netflix and Chill,’ then they probably aren’t an introvert, unless they mean ‘You stay at your house in your fuzzy monkey socks by yourself Netflix and Chill’ (minus the Chill).
- Introverts are not the best are starting conversations and we use tactics uncommon to the common extrovert. These may include loud clearings of the throat, subtle hand gestures, and sitting in uncomfortable silences; so if you think a silence is uncomfortable, then start a fucking conversation.
- Introverts need time to recharge after being out in social situations, so if I say ‘I’m sorry, I can’t hang out today,’ it’s not because I don’t want to hang out with you, it’s because I got my hair cut and the stylist was very talkative.
- Introverts can sometimes have a hard time getting their feelings across, but when I’m ready to talk about something, you will be the first person I go to.